Yoga Pose For Kids: Yoga for kids is a special type of exercise made for children. It’s not like the regular yoga that grown-ups do; it’s more fun and easier for kids to do. kid’s yoga makes them flexible, balanced, and strong.
Through kid’s yoga, they also learn about breathing. Breathing practices are good for their mind and soul. Kid’s yoga helps them to become more aware. Thus they become able to focus on their thoughts feelings, and relaxation.
Yoga can be done by kids while playing. For example, they can practice yoga poses for a fixed of time in a fun way. There are many schools that provide yoga classes to kids. Which teaches kids to be more focused, attentive, and balanced.
Yoga has many benefits for kids as it makes their mental and physical health strong. Also, kids feel less stressed which makes them healthier. So, kid’s yoga is a very useful way for children to learn yogic skills, and stay active, happy, and relaxed.
Simplified yoga pose for kids
To do this pose, start by standing on one foot and putting the other foot on your thigh. Your toe’s direction should be downward.
Once your foot is in position, bring your hands together in front of your chest. And join them like you’re praying. hold this pose and take some deep breaths. After that switch the leg’s position and repeat. This pose helps with balance and focus.
This pose helps kids to give strength to their back muscles. For this pose, you should lie on your stomach and your arms should be at the side. Then bend your knees and push yourself backward to grab your ankles. Now take a deep breath and pull your legs and chest above the ground. Hold your breath and then release it.
This pose improves the posture and give strength to back muscles. For this pose, lie on your stomach. Keep your hands under your shoulders. Now inhale and pull your chest above the ground and keep your elbows close to the sides. Now hold for some time and then release.
Also Read: 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
This pose is very effective pose for kids. It gives strength to their legs and core muscles. For this pose, you have to stand with your feet together. Now raise your arms upwards towards celling and join the hands. Then bend your knees and lower the hips downwards. Hold the pose for a few minutes and then release.
This pose could be utilized as a two-person yoga pose for kids. This pose is very effective for balance and strengthening the core muscles. For this pose, you have to begin with a push-up position. The forearms should be on the ground straight to the shoulder. The toes should be pushing to the ground and the complete body should be straight from heel to head. Now the pose for some time and then release.
This pose is a little hard pose for kids but it helps in digestion and reduces stress and anxiety. For shoulder stand, lie on your back and keep your arm side. Now raise your legs towards the ceiling and push them upwards. Give support to your back with your hands, hold for a few minutes, and then release.
This pose helps in reducing fatigue and gives strength to the muscles of the legs and abdomen. For this pose sit on the ground with both legs together and your knees should be outside. Now flap the legs like a butterfly and hold the feet with your hands. Do it for a few minutes and then release.
Benefits of yoga for kids
- 1. Physical Fitness: yoga helps in improving the complete fitness of a kid. It gives flexibility, strength, and balance to the kids. It also provides the coordination to their body.
- 2. Stress Reduction: yoga and breathing exercise makes the mind aware. It helps in reducing stress, and anxiety, and handling the emotions of a kid.
- 3. Better Posture: yoga encourages good habits in kids. It makes the body posture better and stronger.
- 4. Enhanced Concentration: yoga helps improve the focus and attention of a kid. It makes him more active and aware of things. Also, it improves children’s concentration.
- 5. Improved Body Awareness: yoga provides more awareness about the human body and health. Also, it tells how it is important to maintain.
- 6. Self-Esteem: yoga gives self-confidence to the kids. It boosts the self-respect and pride in them.
- 7. Emotional Regulation: yoga helps kids to manage their feelings and emotions. And it tells how to show emotions in a healthier way.
- 8. Better Sleep: By practicing yoga kids experience a good sleep cycle. Which reduces many health problems.
- 9. Body Strength: yoga helps in strengthening the muscles as well as providing strength to our mind and soul.
- 0. Fun and Relaxation: Now most important yoga can be a fun and enjoyable activity for kids. Yoga can be enjoyed as a fun game, which will also be beneficial for good health.
What Science Says About Yoga for Kids
There are many studies done to see the effect of yoga on children. Science has now stated that yoga gives many benefits to kids. The practice of yoga proved that it can reduce stress and anxiety, and improve focus. The kids who practice yoga are more active and careful. Studies have shown that Yoga practice can reduce the anger and violent behavior of a kid. It makes them more calm and energetic. Also, now it is proven that yoga prevents injuries.
Yoga is very impactful for all kids, teenagers, and every section of society to keep themselves healthier and calm.