Rainbow yoga pose is not a traditional yoga pose, it is a creative yoga to understand better. It is a fun activity of being aware of physical and mental health. Rainbow yoga helps their mind to be more connective and attentive. In a fun way, they use their imagination to connect with colors and then do different poses. Rainbow yoga pose is an activity that encourages kids to have fun, be active, and practice yoga.
Table of Contents
Rainbow yoga poses have a sequence of poses according to the colors of the rainbow:
- Red: Mountain Pose
- Orange: Tree Pose
- Yellow: Sun Salutation
- Green: Cobra Pose
- Blue: Fish Pose
- Indigo: Butterfly Pose
- Violet: Child’s Pose
Rainbow yoga is an interactive way to introduce yoga to kids. It gives self-awareness about physical, mental, and emotional health.
Rainbow Yoga is all about connecting people through yoga.
Rainbow yoga has a strong impact on connecting people with the help of yoga. This yoga highlights the community and culture, and it shares experiences.
If you want to become a certified yoga teacher or Want to know about yoga then feel free to join our Yoga Teacher Training course in Rishikesh
- 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
This is how Rainbow Yoga is about connecting people:
- Partner and group yoga: In rainbow yoga, there is involvement of partner and group. You practice yoga with a group of people in coordination. It develops good communication with people and tells you how to work together. It helps in making a good bond and connection with them.
- Inclusivity: Rainbow yoga is accessible to all age groups, genders, backgrounds, and abilities. It focuses on making a non-judgmental place for everyone. Everyone feels comfortable while practicing this yoga.
- Community building: Rainbow yoga forms a healthy community for everyone. It encourages people to connect with each other.
- Playful: It is a playful activity such as games, storytelling, and imaginative play. It does not put any kind of stress on anyone. It helps in providing good health in a fun way.
- Cultural awareness: yoga classes include the elements of traditional and cultural forms together. So it helps participants to connect with different cultures.
- Supportive environment: All the yoga instructors a supportive environment for students. They help them practice rainbow yoga while teaching about its importance. They help them practice yoga with complete attention.
- Emphasis on connection: Rainbow yoga tells that yoga is not an individual practice but it is about connecting to others. It makes a strong impact on human connections and relationships.
Yoga poses associated with the colors of the rainbow
• Red: Mountain Pose
For this pose, you have to stand with your feet together. Your hand should be at the sides and your back should be straight. You have to stand strong and still like a mountain. This pose helps in maintaining the balance and posture.
• Orange: Tree Pose
To do this pose, start by standing on one foot and putting the other foot on your thigh. Your toe’s direction should be downward. Once your foot is in position, bring your hands together in front of your chest. And join them like you’re praying. hold this pose and take some deep breaths. After that switch the leg’s position and repeat. This pose helps with balance and focus.
• Yellow: Sun Salutation
This pose consists of stretching of the body. For this pose, you have to stretch yourself to the back. This pose provides warmth to the body. It’s a great way to wake up and get energized.
• Green: Cobra Pose
This pose improves the posture and gives strength to back muscles. For this pose, lie on your stomach. Keep your hands under your shoulders. Now inhale pull your chest above the ground and keep your elbows close to the sides.
• Blue: Fish Pose
This pose stretches the neck and chest. For this pose, you have to lie on the ground with your legs straight and your hands should be under your hips. Bend your back and lift your chest, like a fish swimming upward.
• Indigo: Butterfly Pose
This pose helps in reducing fatigue and gives strength to the muscles of the legs and abdomen. For this pose sit on the ground with both legs together and your knees should be outside. Now move the legs up and down like a butterfly and hold the feet with your hands.
Violet: Child’s Pose
For the child pose you have to kneel down and sit on your heels. Then stretch your arms and forehead towards the ground. You will look like a child is resting. This pose helps in relaxation and comforting your body.
Benefits of Rainbow yoga
- The rainbow yoga pose is a nice way to introduce yoga to your children.
- It helps in connecting with people and makes you more understanding.
- It makes your physical, emotional, and mental health strong.
- It provides awareness and focuses on breath, body, and quality associated with each color.
- It improves the imagination power and gives creativity to your child.
- It improves the body’s posture and makes it more flexible, strong, and healthy.
- It reduces the anger and violent behavior of a person and gives them calmness.
- It reduces stress and makes your thoughts positive.
- It improves your social interactions and gives you confidence to communicate.
- It gives strength to your health habits and makes you more aware of your health.
- It is a fun activity that gives you joy and happiness.